Fertility & IVF
If you have fertility issues, you’re not alone: About 10 percent of women have trouble getting or staying pregnant. At Rupal Hospital a Fertility and IVF treatment center in Surat, we offer you our best clinical expertise with specialized yet personalized treatment to offer you the best chance for a successful pregnancy.
Founder of Rupal Hospital, Dr. Malti Shah, very senior and renowned obstetrician and gynecologist of south Gujarat, was a pioneer of fertility care and treatment in south Gujarat since the beginning of old Rupal Hospital. At present, our fertility and IVF expert, Dr. Rupal Shah, is a creator of thousands of happy families through its sister concern Blossom Fertility and IVF Centre. 1000+ IVF cycles are done, and more than 650 plus IVF babies are delivered per year across the world by her Blossom IVF treatment centre in Surat.
What causes fertility problems?
There are several reasons why you may not be able to get or stay pregnant. Sometimes infertility has to do with a woman’s reproductive system, problems with a man’s sperm, or a combination of both factors or unexplained infertility.
- Problems with ovulation-hormonal imbalance, Polycystic ovarian disease(PCOD), Endometriosis.
- Poor ovarian reserve due to advanced age, premature ovarian failure, or other causes.
- Blocked fallopian tubes.
- Uterine problems- fibroids, endometrial polyps, thin endometrium.
- Recurrent miscarriages.
- Low sperm production or poor motility of sperm due to hormonal, genetic, or immunologic causes.
- Varicocele (a condition that affects the number or shape of the sperm).
- Childhood infections involving tests, cancer treatment.
- Occupational hazards, environmental adverse effects.
- Lifestyle – excessive use of alcohol, smoking, caffeine, obesity, very tight undergarments.
Which fertility treatments are offered at Rupal Hospital?
Our expertise in fertility treatment and cutting edge technology includes right from basic fertility workup and treatments like ovulation induction, follicular monitoring, diagnostic laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, and Intra-uterine insemination (IUI) to most advanced fertility treatments like:
- In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF).
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI).
- TESA-MESA (advanced treatment for severe male infertility).
- Pre-implantation genetic diagnosis (PGD for repeated IVF Failure, Recurrent abortions, and to rule out ant genetic problems in your offspring).
- IVF with donor eggs/sperms or embryos.
- Gestational surrogacy treatment.
- Egg/sperm/embryo freezing.
What is the difference between IUI and IVF?
IUI and IVF (Test-tube baby treatment) are different procedures.
IUI (Intra Uterine Insemination): In this process, an egg is not fertilized outside the human body, but after processing the semen sample in an andrology laboratory, washed semen sample is directly inseminated inside the female uterus using a thin tube and fertilization of egg and sperm is allowed to occur naturally inside the fallopian tube of the female partner. You should expect a 15-20% Success rate per cycle in IUI.
IVF (In Vitro Fertilization): Here, female eggs are taken outside the human body. After fertilizing them with male sperms in an embryology laboratory in incubators, the embryos are cultured for 3-5 days. Then 2-3 healthy embryos are transferred inside the female uterus for further growth. The success rate varies according to the reason required for IVF. The overall success rate is higher in IVF treatment, ranging from 45 to 65% per cycle.
Why should you choose us for your fertility treatment?
We offer individual attention and one-on-one care, with the ultimate goal of helping you conceive by offering the best services and most sophisticated, effective treatments. also take care of your entire pregnancy once you conceive. Once you are conceived, we ensure that you don’t have to shift to another doctor and that your pregnancy journey is with a trusted expert, from start to finish.